Monday, November 19, 2007

Lace Hates Me

Notice I didn't say that I Hate Lace. I love lace. I wanted to make my mom a lovely, delicate, airy lace scarf out of my one precious ball of Filatura di Crosa Superior (70% cashmere/30% silk!!!). Was that so much to ask? The lace gods have smote me. Not just once but 3 or maybe 4 times. It must just be my brain this week. I first got this lovely pattern:

(Jade Sapphire's Plum Lotus Scarf)

It just wasn't working and I wanted to cry and since knitting's supposed to be "fun", I decided to look for a different pattern.

I thought this one would fit the bill nicely. But for some reason I messed that one up real good too...3 times.


(To Knit is Divine's Travelling Roses Scarf)


Okay, I think I've finally gotten it now. I'm going to [try to] stick with Knitty's Juno Regina, albeit a smaller version with less diamond pattern repeats.



I can get my lace fix plus have a good deal of mindlessness in the middle so that I don't shoot myself trying to finish all these Christmas presents.